USA: Kraft Foods get Patent for self-whitening instant coffee
Kraft Foods has been awarded US patent 6177119 for "Self-Whitening coffee and method of manufacture thereof."
Besides Kraft, others having interest are Nestec S.A., Procter & Gamble, and Borden, Inc.
- A self-whitening spray dried instant coffee is prepared by spray drying a caseinate-free aqueous emulsion having a pH of 5.5 to 9.0 and consisting essentially of 30-80% water and 20-70% solids, wherein the solids contain, on a dry weight basis, 10-70% soluble coffee, 5-60% oil, 0-85% filler, and 0-10% emulsifier.
First of 13 claims
- What is claimed is: An aqueous emulsion having a pH of from 5.5 to 9, and consisting essentially of 30-80% water, and 20-70% solids, wherein the solids contain, on a dry weight basis, 10-70% soluble coffee, a pH adjustment agent in an amount sufficient to effect said pH, 5-60% oil, 0-85% filler, and 0-10% low molecular weight emulsifier.
By Navroz Havewala, just-food.com correspondent
Iconic US chocolate maker Hershey Foods is in the midst of a transformation process. Its aim? To diversify into the snack food market in order to expand beyond its core chocolate business. With new pr...
Kraft Foods has announced that it is bring the UK into line with other markets by renaming its Dime chocolate bar as Daim....
Biotechnology company Senomyx has announced a two year extension of its collaboration deal with Kraft Foods Global, under which it works on the discovery and development of novel flavour modifiers....
Global food company Kraft Foods Inc has reported a fall in net earnings in its second quarter ended 30 June 2005, to $472m, compared with $698m a year ago, blaming high commodity costs for the reducti...
Chewing gum and confectionery maker Wrigley has completed the purchase of certain confectionery assets of Kraft Foods Global Inc for $1.46bn, it said. At the same time it announced the closure of a pl...
Kraft Foods has announced today that Betsy Holden, president, global marketing and category development, has decided to leave the company and resign her position on the company's board of directors, e...
Kraft Foods is "actively looking"' to acquire healthy food and drink brands to tap the growing number of consumers concerned about their weight, according to an interview with chief executive Roger De...
Kraft Foods Inc. has announced rises in revenues and net earnings for the first quarter ended 31 March 2005....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid