USA: Kraft Foods gets US patent for cheesecake filling
Kraft Foods clearly pays close attention to even minor details of its food products its latest USA patent 6177117 granted 23 January titled "Cheesecake standardization method and product thereof" addresses the cosmetics of cheesecake fillings. Abstract : A method of preparing a cheesecake filling is disclosed that significantly reduces or eliminates the appearance of cracks on the surface and in the body of the filling upon baking. The method furthermore reduces the occurrence of the stadium effect to within an acceptable extent. These advantageous attributes are provided while still retaining the overall texture, taste, and organoleptic properties that the consuming public finds acceptable and pleasing. The method includes blending cream cheese curd with a composition including sufficient cream and/or non-fat dry milk to prepare a blend with a protein/fat ratio in the blend is in the range 0.182 to 0.186, and then preparing and baking the cheesecake. In an important embodiment of the method, the protein content of the cream cheese curd is estimated using a mathematical model to account for seasonal changes of the protein level in the cream cheese curd. The estimated protein level of the cream cheese curd can then be used to determine the amounts of cream and/or non-fat dry milk to be added to achieve the desired protein/fat ratio.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti