USA: Kraft Foods International Creates New Latin America Region
Kraft Foods International announced the creation of a new Latin America Region incorporating the food businesses previously managed by Philip Morris International, effective October 1, 2000. The food businesses in Mexico and Puerto Rico will report to Kraft Foods North America. Joachim Krawczyk, 49, has been appointed President of the newly-formed Latin America Region, reporting to Roger Deromedi, President and Chief Executive Officer. Krawczyk will relocate to the new Latin America Region Headquarters in Rye Brook, NY. Krawczyk, a 21-year company veteran, most recently was the President of Philip Morris International's Mercosur Region, which was responsible for the tobacco and food businesses in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay. Said Deromedi, "Joachim was a natural choice for this new position since he brings tremendous management and marketing skills, coupled with in-depth knowledge of the food business in Latin America." Kraft Foods International, one of the Philip Morris family of companies, currently operates in Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. Its primary focus is on five core food categories including coffee, confectionery, cheese, powdered soft drinks and grocery products. The Philip Morris family of companies is the world's largest producer and marketer of consumer packaged goods. Philip Morris Companies Inc. has five principal operating companies: Kraft Foods, Inc. (comprising Kraft Foods North America and Kraft Foods International), Miller Brewing Company, Philip Morris International Inc., Philip Morris Incorporated (PM USA) and Philip Morris Capital Corporation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review