USA: Kraft Foods names Lowry senior vice president, development
Kraft Foods, Inc., the nation's largest branded food company, announced today that Margo Lowry, 52, has been appointed to the newly created post of Senior Vice President, Development. She will also be a member of Kraft's Operating Committee. Lowry will report to Irene Rosenfeld, Group Vice President, Operations and Technology and President Kraft Canada. She will be responsible for leading Kraft's expanded New Business Development function, which will both create development opportunities new to Kraft as well as coordinate new product activities across the company's 70 major brands. "Growth through new business and new product development are key to Kraft's goal of undisputed leadership of the food industry," said Rosenfeld. "Margo has a proven track record of developing new brands, as well as revitalizing established ones. Her leadership will help set our new product agenda for the future." Lowry first joined Kraft in 1977 as an Associate Product Manager for General Foods Corporation (which later merged with Kraft, Inc.). After holding several positions of increasing responsibility in brand management, Lowry became Venture Development Manager in 1987 for the Post cereals business. Two years later, she became a Category Manager, and in 1994 she was named Business Development Director for Post cereal. During her tenure at Kraft, she launched such new product successes as Post's Banana Nut Crunch, Waffle Crisp and Oreo O's cereals. Lowry left Kraft in 1997 for a position at Campbell Soup Company. Kraft Foods, headquartered in Northfield, IL, is the North American food business of Philip Morris Companies Inc. For more information, please visit our website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016