UK: Kraft launches Cadbury Crispello to win back women
Kraft Foods debuts Cadbury Crispello
Kraft Foods is launching Cadbury Crispello in the UK in order to woo women who have cut down on chocolate bars.
The company will support Cadbury Crispello, the UK subsidiary's first countline since the 1990s, with a GBP7m (US$11.3m) marketing campaign.
Crispello is made up of three wafer shells with a creamy centre and covered in layer of Cadbury's chocolate.
The firm is targeting women, who are believed to be the main cause of a 6.6% year-on-year drop in the value of the chocolate 'singles' market. That market is worth GBP800m, within a GBP3.3bn chocolate category.
"Crispello is a lighter way to enjoy the nation's favourite chocolate taste," said Toby Smart, brand manager at Kraft Foods. The design enables consumers to eat one piece and save the rest for later, by resealing the packaging. The product will be available from 8 October.
Earlier this year, Kraft rival Mars Inc launched Galaxy Flutes in the UK, pitched as a lighter on-the-go chocolate snack. However, Mars could not be reached to comment on the performance of these bars.
This month, Kraft Foods is launching the first new Cadbury countline brand since the nineties.
Cadbury Crispello is a truly innovative everyday treat of three deliciously light and crispy wafer shells, filled with a light creamy centre and covered in a smooth layer of Cadbury milk chocolate.
This new individually-portioned countline, available for retailers to order from 8th October, allows shoppers to enjoy one Crispello piece at a time, or save the rest for later with resealing the packaging.
The chocolate category is worth a massive £3.3bn1, with £800m of this accounted for by chocolate singles2. Kraft Foods anticipates that Cadbury Crispello will help to drive female sales in the singles market, and help turnaround the recent -6.6% MAT value decline3, which has been driven by female penetration and frequency losses.
Toby Smart, Brand Manager at Kraft Foods, comments: “We are excited to be launching this new brand – the first new Cadbury countline brand since the nineties. Crispello is a lighter way to enjoy
1 Nielsen total coverage MAT to 12.05.12
2 Nielsen total coverage MAT to 12.05.12
3 Nielsen MAT w/e 14.07.12
The nation’s favourite chocolate taste. Cadbury Crispello joins the recently launched Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly Mini in helping to drive singles sales for retailers. We anticipate a great reception with consumers and would encourage retailers to utilise the available point of sale merchandise. This will be particularly effective, capitalising on the high awareness expected from the large marketing investment supporting the launch.”
The launch of Cadbury Crispello is being supported with a massive £7m marketing campaign. In 2012 this focuses on women’s press, outdoor advertising and point of sale (POS). In store, Cadbury Crispello branded POS is available to retailers in a variety of formats with the tagline ‘A little treat for you” and also highlighting that the countline is new.
Original source: http://www.cadbury.co.uk/
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights