US: Kraft launches marketing push for Wheat Thins
Kraft Foods has launched a marketing push in the US for snacks brand Wheat Thins.
The company has developed TV adverts and a digital campaign under a theme 'Do What You Do', which it said "celebrates the individuality of Wheat Thins fans".
In the first TV ad, Kraft has teamed up with US animated comedy programme Family Guy. A spokesperson said two other commercials are being lined up with "quirky pop culture icons".
For the digital campaign, Kraft has created "The Do-Minatrix", a "coach, with a tough love, motivating attitude".
"This mustached man will use tongue-in-cheek humour to promote his insatiable drive to inspire fans to do those things that they've been thinking about doing. The Do-Minatrix will use Wheat Thins social communities like Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram to encourage and celebrate fans who are out there doing stuff," the spokesperson said.
Kraft refused to be drawn on how much money it was investing in the new marketing for Wheat Thins.
The price of milk dominated headlines in the UK this week, with farmers gathering at a summit to air their views on the implications of the cuts and discuss what can be done. Elsewhere, French retaile...
Premier Foods plc this week announced another asset sale with the disposal of its ethnic flour business Elephant Atta to Associated British Foods....
Barry Callebaut, the Swiss B2B chocolate manufacturer, today (5 July) reported a 2% increase in sales for the first nine months of its fiscal year, with contracts in the Americas helping revenue....
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights