USA: Kraft moves production of Life Savers from Michigan to Quebec
Kraft Foods is to close its Life Savers production facility in Holland, Michigan. Production of the sugar confectionery product will move to Mount Royal, Quebec. More than 600 employees face redundancy, a situation Michigan had tried to avoid last week when it presented Kraft with an incentive package worth US$38.8m to create an additional 200 jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action