USA: Kraft Names Daniel Butler Chief Operating Officer of Kraft Canada
Kraft Foods, the nation's largest packaged food company, announced today that Daniel W. Butler has been appointed Executive Vice President, Kraft Foods, and named to the newly created position of Chief Operating Officer, Kraft Canada. Butler will become a member of Kraft's Operating Committee and report to Irene B. Rosenfeld, Group Vice President, Kraft Foods, and President, Kraft Canada. Since 1999, Butler has been Vice President, Marketing and Strategy for the company's New Meals Division, headquartered in Glenview, IL. In his new role, Butler will relocate to Kraft Canada's headquarters in Don Mills, Ontario. "Dan's broad experiences at Kraft, proven marketing expertise and ability to inspire teams will serve him well in managing our Canadian business," said Irene Rosenfeld. "Dan will work with me to build on our momentum as Canada's leading marketer of value-added food products and services." Butler joined the company in 1987 as an assistant product manager. After holding several increasingly responsible positions in marketing, he was named Category Business Director for Desserts and Snacks in 1995 and Category Business Director of Dinners in 1996. In 1998, he was named Vice President, Marketing and Consumer Promotions, for the New Meals Division. Butler holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance from Lehigh University as well as a Master's of Business Administration from Harvard University. Kraft Foods, headquartered in Northfield, IL, is the North American food business of Philip Morris Companies, Inc. Kraft Canada, a subsidiary of Kraft Foods, markets over 30 leading brands, including Kraft Cheese and Snacks, Maxwell House and Nabob Coffee, Post Cereals, Delissio Pizza, Lunchables, Stove Top, Minute Rice, Miracle Whip, Jell-O, Kool Aid and Toblerone. For more information, or for a high-resolution photo, please visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report