USA: Kraft patents vegetarian and multi-location cheese techniques
In two February 9 US patents, 6183805: 'Continuous manufacture of process cheese' and 6183804: 'Continuous on-demand manufacture of process cheese,' technology can be seen to be working hand in hand with marketing. One patent deals with making cheese without using enzymes, cultures or microorganisms, clearly targeted at vegetarian and health conscious consumers. The other, if successful, will structurally change this industry: cheesemaking in two steps which can be done after a timelag, and at separate locations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund