USA: Kraft posts 70% rise in Q4 net income
US food giant Kraft Foods has reported fourth-quarter net income of US$931m, compared with $548m a year earlier. North America's largest food company said that on a comparable basis, which assumes that Kraft was a public company for all of 2001, earnings were $876m, or 51 cents a share, up from $798m, or 46 cents a share, a year earlier. Analysts had been expecting earnings of 49 cents to 53 cents on a comparable basis, with an average of 52 cents a share, according to Thomson First Call.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund