US: Kraft profits up 44.5% on sale of assets
The US's largest food company Kraft Foods yesterday (24 July) reported second quarter net earnings of US$682m, an increase of 44.5% over last year, while diluted earnings per share were $0.41, up 46.4%. However, when the impact of asset impairment, exit, and implementation costs, gains from the sale of businesses and earnings from discontinued operations are factored out, net earnings for the quarter grew 7% and EPS increased 8.5% to $0.51.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife