USA: Kraft puts positive Q3 down to successful Nabisco acquisition
US food giant Kraft has revealed that it expects to save US$100m this year through the cost savings and synergies generated by its acquisition of Nabisco . Kraft said worldwide volumes increased by 34.6% during the third quarter as a result of the buyout, and operating profit rose 17.5%. The figures were driven by higher sales volume from new products and developing markets, financial savings, and lower interest charges.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti