US: Kraft recalls Oscar Mayer bacon
Kraft Foods has voluntarily recalled approximately 1,800 pounds of Oscar Mayer branded bacon due to insufficient cooling during processing.
The recall affects 12-ounce packages of Oscar Mayer 30% lower fat centre cut bacon. Each packet bears the establishment number "EST.537V" and the best before date of 24 May.
The problem was discovered by the company and, as yet, no illnesses associated with consumption have been reported to the Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service.
The drought in Australia, EU reform and booming demand in China have combined to drive up dairy costs - much to the chagrin of many of the world's food giants. Nevertheless, while the likes of Cadbury...
Private equity group Palladium Equity Partners has announced that it has acquired Castro Cheese Company, the Houston-based producer of Hispanic cheeses and creams which markets the La Vaquita brand....
Unilever Sweden has announced that production of Slotts mustard is to end at its 90-year-old plant in Uppsala, Sweden, with output probably moved to Poland....
Kraft has increased its full-year earnings per share guidance on the back of the success of its growth plan, lower than expected taxes and its share buyback programme....
Kraft Foods CFO James Dollive is to retire after 29 years at the US food giant, the company said today (29 August)....
Groupe Danone has laid down a timetable for its takeover of Dutch nutrition group Royal Numico....
Kraft Foods has refused to be drawn on reports that it is looking for a buyer for its Post cereals business....
Swiss food giant Nestlé has shrugged off rising input costs with a robust start to the year as first-half profits rose by over 14%....
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets