US: Kraft recalls Oscar Mayer bacon
Kraft Foods has voluntarily recalled approximately 1,800 pounds of Oscar Mayer branded bacon due to insufficient cooling during processing.
The recall affects 12-ounce packages of Oscar Mayer 30% lower fat centre cut bacon. Each packet bears the establishment number "EST.537V" and the best before date of 24 May.
The problem was discovered by the company and, as yet, no illnesses associated with consumption have been reported to the Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service.
The drought in Australia, EU reform and booming demand in China have combined to drive up dairy costs - much to the chagrin of many of the world's food giants. Nevertheless, while the likes of Cadbury...
Private equity group Palladium Equity Partners has announced that it has acquired Castro Cheese Company, the Houston-based producer of Hispanic cheeses and creams which markets the La Vaquita brand....
Unilever Sweden has announced that production of Slotts mustard is to end at its 90-year-old plant in Uppsala, Sweden, with output probably moved to Poland....
Kraft has increased its full-year earnings per share guidance on the back of the success of its growth plan, lower than expected taxes and its share buyback programme....
Kraft Foods CFO James Dollive is to retire after 29 years at the US food giant, the company said today (29 August)....
Groupe Danone has laid down a timetable for its takeover of Dutch nutrition group Royal Numico....
Kraft Foods has refused to be drawn on reports that it is looking for a buyer for its Post cereals business....
Swiss food giant Nestlé has shrugged off rising input costs with a robust start to the year as first-half profits rose by over 14%....
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK