US: Kraft removes artificial preservatives from Singles cheese
Kraft Singles has relaunched as artificial preservative free
Kraft Foods Group has relaunched its Kraft Singles cheese slices in the US to contain no artificial preservatives.
The US grocery company confirmed the technology to be able to create the artificial preservative-free Singles had been in development for five years.
"We know families today want convenient foods that have no artificial preservatives and a simpler, more recognisable ingredient list, and Kraft is working to deliver more of these options for some of our most beloved brands," said Brian Gelb, senior associate brand manager at Kraft.
According to a report by Nielsen, nearly four out of ten US households buy Kraft Singles and more than 480 packages of Kraft Singles are sold every minute.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food: "We recognised consumers desired a less processed American cheese that still provides all the same great taste and melt they love, but with fewer artificial ingredients that are associated with processed cheese. In development of the technology, Kraft ensures the steps taken align with the consumer research we conduct so we can precisely deliver products our consumers want and recognise."
NORTHFIELD, Ill., Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kraft Foods is announcing the launch of KRAFT Singles with No Artificial Preservatives, a welcomed renovation that removes artificial ingredients, while still delivering the same quality, taste, look and melt its consumers expect. Grilled cheese made with KRAFT Singles is an iconic American tradition, beloved by kids and adults alike - and now KRAFT Singles are simpler than ever.
"We know families today want convenient foods that have no artificial preservatives and a simpler, more recognizable ingredient list, and Kraft is working to deliver more of these options for some of our most beloved brands," said Brian Gelb, Senior Associate Brand Manager, Kraft Foods. "Kraft is excited to deliver the same great tasting American cheese it always has with KRAFT Singles - always made with real cheese, milk and no artificial flavors - and now with no artificial preservatives. It's just simpler this way, and it's the way cheese fans want it."
KRAFT Singles with No Artificial Preservatives - available now in the dairy aisle of leading grocery stores nationwide - are offered for the American and White American varieties (currently does not include 2% milk varieties). A serving of KRAFT Singles provide an excellent source of calcium, and a good source of Vitamin D per serving, both of which are important nutrients lacking in American diets today.
What does this mean for cheese lovers? Now there is more reason than ever to warm up the skillet to make a warm, gooey grilled cheese sandwich on a cold winter day. In fact, according to a recent survey, more than half (51%) of Americans are more likely to enjoy a grilled cheese sandwich during winter, with summer noted as the next most common time of year (19%).1
A few other fast facts regarding KRAFT Singles include:
- Americans Love KRAFT Singles: Nearly 4 out of every 10 U.S. households buy KRAFT Singles, with more than 480 packages of KRAFT Singles sold every minute.2
- Amped-up Grilled Cheese is All the Rage: With a third (33%) of Americans wanting only cheese in their grilled cheese sandwiches, Americans do love to add meats to this classic sandwich - with ham (29%), bacon (23%) and turkey (10%) topping the list. Although less popular, other delicious combinations include the addition of vegetables, such as tomato (20%), onions (8%) and avocado (6%).1
- Taking Taste Beyond the Grilled Cheese: While 65 percent of Americans claim that grilled cheese is their primary use for KRAFT Singles - followed by burgers and sandwiches, both at 61 percent - approximately a third admit to eating KRAFT Singles right out of the wrapper (34%) or enjoying the cheese with crackers (31%).1
ABOUT KRAFT FOODS GROUP
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is one of North America's largest consumer packaged food and beverage companies, with annual revenues of more than $18 billion. With the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse, Kraft has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, refrigerated meals and grocery categories. Its iconic brands include Kraft, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia,Planters, Velveeta, Capri Sun, JELL-O and Lunchables. Kraft's 23,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the NASDAQ-100 indices. For more information, visitwww.kraftfoodsgroup.com and www.facebook.com/kraft.
Original source: Kraft Foods Group
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service ...
A new global packaged food player was created in October 2012, as Kraft Foods Inc restructured its operations into two independently listed entities and spun off its North American grocery business un...
Synopsis Canadean's "Kraft Foods Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile con...
"The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in Israel to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company re...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report