US: Kraft rolls out global Trident ad push
Kraft Foods has launched its first global marketing campaign for its Trident chewing gum brand.
The 'See What Unfolds' campaign launched in the US this week, a spokesperson told just-food. Kraft said it is looking to promote the "emotional" benefits of the brand in a bid to appeal to a wider audience.
The company said it wants to move away from the oral health messaging of previous campaigns that have included a focus on whitening, added-vitamins and cavity-fighting. Instead, Kraft wants to promote intangible benefits of the gum to a target market of 18 to 39 year olds, rather than its past focus on mums.
The campaign kicked off in the US this week with a 30 and 60-second commercial promoting the emotional impact the product has when consumed. It will run in around 17 countries including the UK and the US.
A Facebook application will also launch on 16 April to include a coupon element, in addition to the launch of a Trident smartphone app.
The campaign rolls out ahead of the spin-off of Kraft's confectionery and snacks business later this year into a global snacks company to be called Mondelez International.
Kraft Foods officially completed its split into two companies last week: high-growth global snacks firm Mondelez International and Kraft Foods Group, a North American grocery powerhouse. Tesco and Sai...
just-food last week brought live coverage from the GMA/FMI Sustainability Summit in Washington DC where presentations were given from members of the Environmental Defense Fund, the Rainforest Alliance...
Kraft Foods Europe has acquired the Vitasnella snack business from food and dairy giant Danone in Italy....
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Nestle strengthens margins but net profit down
- Pinnacle Foods closes Evol plant