US: Kraft rolls out global Trident ad push
Kraft Foods has launched its first global marketing campaign for its Trident chewing gum brand.
The 'See What Unfolds' campaign launched in the US this week, a spokesperson told just-food. Kraft said it is looking to promote the "emotional" benefits of the brand in a bid to appeal to a wider audience.
The company said it wants to move away from the oral health messaging of previous campaigns that have included a focus on whitening, added-vitamins and cavity-fighting. Instead, Kraft wants to promote intangible benefits of the gum to a target market of 18 to 39 year olds, rather than its past focus on mums.
The campaign kicked off in the US this week with a 30 and 60-second commercial promoting the emotional impact the product has when consumed. It will run in around 17 countries including the UK and the US.
A Facebook application will also launch on 16 April to include a coupon element, in addition to the launch of a Trident smartphone app.
The campaign rolls out ahead of the spin-off of Kraft's confectionery and snacks business later this year into a global snacks company to be called Mondelez International.
Kraft Foods officially completed its split into two companies last week: high-growth global snacks firm Mondelez International and Kraft Foods Group, a North American grocery powerhouse. Tesco and Sai...
just-food last week brought live coverage from the GMA/FMI Sustainability Summit in Washington DC where presentations were given from members of the Environmental Defense Fund, the Rainforest Alliance...
Kraft Foods Europe has acquired the Vitasnella snack business from food and dairy giant Danone in Italy....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016