EU: Kraft set for disposals as EU clears Danone deal
Kraft said today (9 November) that the European Commission had approved its EUR5.3bn (US$7.8bn) deal with Danone, which the two sides agreed in July.
The Commission's approval was conditional on Kraft offloading certain trademarks - three in Spain and one in Hungary.
Kraft will sell the Artiach, Marbu Dorada and Dinosaurus brands in Spain and the Balaton trademark in Hungary. The company will also offload its Orozko manufacturing facility in Spain.
Wrigley chairman Bill Wrigley predicted the confectionery industry would sit up and take notice after his company's deal with Mars. Now, the spotlight has once again switched to Cadbury and Hershey. B...
Kraft Foods told just-food today (1 May) that it is launching a number of products in smaller pack sizes to meet the convenience needs of consumers....
Danone has confirmed that it is considering expanding its processing operations in Bangladesh through the establishment of a second dairy plant....
US food giant Kraft Foods has posted a 13% drop in first-quarter net income as a result of rising dairy prices....
Groupe Danone, the French dairy and baby food company, confirmed its earnings and growth objectives for 2008 at its annual shareholders meeting yesterday (29 April)....
Kraft Foods has struck deals to sell Spanish biscuit business Artiach and the Hungarian rights to chocolate brand Balaton....
Portion control is the key to future innovation in the UK cake, biscuit and confectionery categories industry analysts told a conference in Rugby today (24 April)....
The US Congress has set out a series of reforms it believes will enable the Food and Drug Administration to better monitor the safety of food....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom