EU: Kraft set for disposals as EU clears Danone deal
Kraft said today (9 November) that the European Commission had approved its EUR5.3bn (US$7.8bn) deal with Danone, which the two sides agreed in July.
The Commission's approval was conditional on Kraft offloading certain trademarks - three in Spain and one in Hungary.
Kraft will sell the Artiach, Marbu Dorada and Dinosaurus brands in Spain and the Balaton trademark in Hungary. The company will also offload its Orozko manufacturing facility in Spain.
Wrigley chairman Bill Wrigley predicted the confectionery industry would sit up and take notice after his company's deal with Mars. Now, the spotlight has once again switched to Cadbury and Hershey. B...
Kraft Foods told just-food today (1 May) that it is launching a number of products in smaller pack sizes to meet the convenience needs of consumers....
Danone has confirmed that it is considering expanding its processing operations in Bangladesh through the establishment of a second dairy plant....
US food giant Kraft Foods has posted a 13% drop in first-quarter net income as a result of rising dairy prices....
Groupe Danone, the French dairy and baby food company, confirmed its earnings and growth objectives for 2008 at its annual shareholders meeting yesterday (29 April)....
Kraft Foods has struck deals to sell Spanish biscuit business Artiach and the Hungarian rights to chocolate brand Balaton....
Portion control is the key to future innovation in the UK cake, biscuit and confectionery categories industry analysts told a conference in Rugby today (24 April)....
The US Congress has set out a series of reforms it believes will enable the Food and Drug Administration to better monitor the safety of food....
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Analysis: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Consumer and Market Insights: Confectionery Market in the UK
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019