EU: Kraft set for disposals as EU clears Danone deal
Kraft said today (9 November) that the European Commission had approved its EUR5.3bn (US$7.8bn) deal with Danone, which the two sides agreed in July.
The Commission's approval was conditional on Kraft offloading certain trademarks - three in Spain and one in Hungary.
Kraft will sell the Artiach, Marbu Dorada and Dinosaurus brands in Spain and the Balaton trademark in Hungary. The company will also offload its Orozko manufacturing facility in Spain.
Wrigley chairman Bill Wrigley predicted the confectionery industry would sit up and take notice after his company's deal with Mars. Now, the spotlight has once again switched to Cadbury and Hershey. B...
Kraft Foods told just-food today (1 May) that it is launching a number of products in smaller pack sizes to meet the convenience needs of consumers....
Danone has confirmed that it is considering expanding its processing operations in Bangladesh through the establishment of a second dairy plant....
US food giant Kraft Foods has posted a 13% drop in first-quarter net income as a result of rising dairy prices....
Groupe Danone, the French dairy and baby food company, confirmed its earnings and growth objectives for 2008 at its annual shareholders meeting yesterday (29 April)....
Kraft Foods has struck deals to sell Spanish biscuit business Artiach and the Hungarian rights to chocolate brand Balaton....
Portion control is the key to future innovation in the UK cake, biscuit and confectionery categories industry analysts told a conference in Rugby today (24 April)....
The US Congress has set out a series of reforms it believes will enable the Food and Drug Administration to better monitor the safety of food....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details