USA: Kraft to cut 7,500 jobs as Nabisco operations streamlined
US branded food giant Kraft Foods has warned that 7,500 jobs will soon be axed as it streamlines its operations with biscuit and cracker producer Nabisco, which it acquired for US$18.9bn in late 2000. Kraft said that the Nabisco merger would generate annual savings of US$600m by 2004. For this year, savings are expected to reach about US$300m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre