USA: Kraft to cut 7,500 jobs as Nabisco operations streamlined
US branded food giant Kraft Foods has warned that 7,500 jobs will soon be axed as it streamlines its operations with biscuit and cracker producer Nabisco, which it acquired for US$18.9bn in late 2000. Kraft said that the Nabisco merger would generate annual savings of US$600m by 2004. For this year, savings are expected to reach about US$300m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods