USA: Kraft to cut 7,500 jobs as Nabisco operations streamlined
US branded food giant Kraft Foods has warned that 7,500 jobs will soon be axed as it streamlines its operations with biscuit and cracker producer Nabisco, which it acquired for US$18.9bn in late 2000. Kraft said that the Nabisco merger would generate annual savings of US$600m by 2004. For this year, savings are expected to reach about US$300m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife
- Nestle launches global sugar target