US: Kraft to cut its workforce by 8% despite Q4 growth
Kraft Foods yesterday (30 January) announced that despite a 23% rise in fourth quarter earnings, the company was going to broaden its ongoing Sustainable Growth Plan by cutting an additional 8,000 jobs, approximately 8% of the workforce, and closing as many as 20 production facilities by 2008.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units