US: Kraft to launch Belvita biscuits in the US
Kraft Foods is set to launch its breakfast biscuit brand Belvita in the US.
The biscuits will be available in blueberry, golden oat and apple cinnamon variants and will be rolled out in the US in February.
Kraft said the launch "marks the food company's re-entrance into grain-based breakfasts", a category it left when it sold cereals firm Post Foods in 2008. It added that the biscuits could "pose competition" for Kellogg and General Mills, especially for the on-the-go items such as Nutri-Grain snack bars.
Kraft aims to target busy US consumers who do not have time to eat breakfast.
"There's this tension in the morning where people know they should be eating a nutritious breakfast but they don't have the time for one," Kraft's director of innovation Janda Lukin said.
Belvita buscuits will be available in five packs for US$3.69. The packs will also be sold individually at convenience stores for about $1.19 and Kraft is considering distributing it to food-service outlets like cafes.
The launch will be support by television advertising and promotions like in-store sampling.
Kraft introduced Belvita in Brazil last month and also plans to launch it in Canada later in 2012.
Kraft Foods has confirmed that it plans to close a production plant in the US, with the loss of 120 jobs....
Kraft Foods has remained tight lipped over reports it is looking to launch its Swiss chocolate brand Toblerone in India....
Kellogg is looking to rival Kraft Foods' Belvita brand in the UK with the launch of a range of breakfast biscuits....
Kellogg has lowered the level of salt in two cereal lines on sale in Australia....
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details