US: Kraft to launch Belvita biscuits in the US
Kraft Foods is set to launch its breakfast biscuit brand Belvita in the US.
The biscuits will be available in blueberry, golden oat and apple cinnamon variants and will be rolled out in the US in February.
Kraft said the launch "marks the food company's re-entrance into grain-based breakfasts", a category it left when it sold cereals firm Post Foods in 2008. It added that the biscuits could "pose competition" for Kellogg and General Mills, especially for the on-the-go items such as Nutri-Grain snack bars.
Kraft aims to target busy US consumers who do not have time to eat breakfast.
"There's this tension in the morning where people know they should be eating a nutritious breakfast but they don't have the time for one," Kraft's director of innovation Janda Lukin said.
Belvita buscuits will be available in five packs for US$3.69. The packs will also be sold individually at convenience stores for about $1.19 and Kraft is considering distributing it to food-service outlets like cafes.
The launch will be support by television advertising and promotions like in-store sampling.
Kraft introduced Belvita in Brazil last month and also plans to launch it in Canada later in 2012.
Kraft Foods has confirmed that it plans to close a production plant in the US, with the loss of 120 jobs....
Kraft Foods has remained tight lipped over reports it is looking to launch its Swiss chocolate brand Toblerone in India....
Kellogg is looking to rival Kraft Foods' Belvita brand in the UK with the launch of a range of breakfast biscuits....
Kellogg has lowered the level of salt in two cereal lines on sale in Australia....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights