USA: Kraft to sell three confectionery brands
US food giant Kraft has said that it has agreed to sell three of its sugar confectionery brands to Farley’s & Sathers Candy because the bands do not fit strategically with the rest of Kraft’s portfolio. Financial terms of the sale of the unit, which makes the Now and Later, Intense Fruit Chews and Mighty Bite brands, were not disclosed. The three brands created revenue of US$25m in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill