USA: Kraft to sell three confectionery brands
US food giant Kraft has said that it has agreed to sell three of its sugar confectionery brands to Farley’s & Sathers Candy because the bands do not fit strategically with the rest of Kraft’s portfolio. Financial terms of the sale of the unit, which makes the Now and Later, Intense Fruit Chews and Mighty Bite brands, were not disclosed. The three brands created revenue of US$25m in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast