AUSTRALIA: Kraft under pressure to declare Vegemite GM-free
US food manufacturer Kraft is under pressure from environment activists in Australia to come clean on whether its popular Vegemite spread contains genetically modified ingredients. Following the publication of the True Food Guide by Greenpeace and the Gene Ethics Network, Greens MLC Ian Cohen called on Kraft to take Vegemite off the shelve unless it can promise consumers that it is GM-free.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs