AUSTRALIA: Kraft warned that Union vows to preserve Lanes’ jobs
The Liquor, Hospitality and Miscellaneous Workers' Union has warned US food giant Kraft that if needs be it will fight to preserve Australian jobs at the Lanes Biscuits company in Victoria. Kraft announced the purchase of the Lanes Biscuits company last week. It has revealed that it plans to review the company's operations, but insisted that as yet it has no plans for Lanes' 600-strong Australian workforce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery