AUSTRALIA: Kraft warned that Union vows to preserve Lanes’ jobs
The Liquor, Hospitality and Miscellaneous Workers' Union has warned US food giant Kraft that if needs be it will fight to preserve Australian jobs at the Lanes Biscuits company in Victoria. Kraft announced the purchase of the Lanes Biscuits company last week. It has revealed that it plans to review the company's operations, but insisted that as yet it has no plans for Lanes' 600-strong Australian workforce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China