FRANCE: Kraft's Pare rejoins Danone as R&D chief
French dairy group Danone has appointed Kraft Foods executive Jean-Philippe Pare as executive vice president of research and development.
The company announced yesterday (13 April) that he will replace Sven Thormahlen who has "decided to move on to a new professional challenge"
Pare, president of Kraft Foods France, will head up a team of 1,200 scientists and specialised developers and be responsible for R&D in all four Danone divisions - fresh dairy, waters, baby nutrition and medical nutrition - as well as its international research centres.
Pare began his career in marketing and sales with Danone's fresh dairy division in France, and has held a number of senior roles within LU, Bagley, HP Foods and Kraft Foods.
Commenting on the appointment, Danone co-chief operating officer Bernard Hours said: "His experience of international management and proven capacity for team development, his familiarity with innovation processes, and his in-depth understanding of international markets mean that he is well equipped to step up the pace in R&D, which is absolutely vital to our strategy for innovation and sustainable development."
The news that Maltesers is to become a Fairtrade brand underlines both the continued growth in the ethical market and how this increasing consumer appeal has not been lost on marketers. Speaking with ...
US confectionery giant Hershey has today (5 October) announced a warehousing, transport and distribution alliance with the North American operation of Ferrero....
The private-equity owner of Griffin's Foods has kicked off the sale of the New Zealand biscuit maker....
US food and drink maker PepsiCo has appointed Electrolux executive Enderson Guimaraes as president of its global operations....
Wal-Mart Stores executive Wan Ling Martello is to replace Nestle CFO Jim Singh, who is retiring from the world's largest food maker....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report