UK: Kri-Kri marks UK entry with Waitrose Greek yoghurt deal
Kri-Kri says it is hoping to capitalise on the EUR200m UK market for Greek yoghurt
Greek dairy manufacturer Kri-Kri has secured a listing with upmarket retailer Waitrose, marking its entry into the UK market.
The trade agreement, announced this week, will see Kri-Kri produce Greek yoghurt for the grocer on a private label basis. The move forms part of Kri-Kri's plan to increase its investment in yoghurt internationally with an investment of some EUR8m (US$10.67m), up from an original EUR5m.
Kri-Kri says it is hoping to capitalise on the EUR200m UK market for Greek yoghurt with the agreement, which it says is "booming" and "the most promising Greek yoghurt market in Europe".
"There is a huge potential for Kri-Kri, on promoting the 'authentic' Greek yogurt that is gradually established as a key part of British daily diet," the company said. "Waitrose is one of the largest British supermarket chains, having more than 300 stores all over the country. Besides, it emphasizes on products' high quality and healthy diet."
Justin King is to step down as CEO of Sainsbury's after a decade in charge of the UK grocer. King has revitalised Sainsbury's, taking a business with stock issues to one that has consistently outperfo...
Sainsbury's share of the UK's grocery market now matches Asda, the country's second-largest retailer, according to the latest data from Kantar Worldpanel....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review