USA: Krispy Kreme acquires Charleston, South Carolina market
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD) announced today the acquisition of the Charleston, South Carolina market. The Company will purchase the rights to this market from an associate franchisee who currently operates two factory stores in that market. The Company did not disclose the purchase price but did indicate it expects the acquisition to be modestly accretive to earnings in the current fiscal year. Krispy Kreme will open a new store in the market on July 24, 2001 located at 1489 Savannah Highway, complete with the signature doughnut making theater.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry