USA: Krispy Kreme acquires Charleston, South Carolina market
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD) announced today the acquisition of the Charleston, South Carolina market. The Company will purchase the rights to this market from an associate franchisee who currently operates two factory stores in that market. The Company did not disclose the purchase price but did indicate it expects the acquisition to be modestly accretive to earnings in the current fiscal year. Krispy Kreme will open a new store in the market on July 24, 2001 located at 1489 Savannah Highway, complete with the signature doughnut making theater.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins