USA: Krispy Kreme acquires rights to Akron and Cleveland, Ohio markets
North Carolina-based Krispy Kreme Doughnuts announced today [Thursday] the acquisition of the Akron and Cleveland, Ohio markets. The company has agreed to purchase the rights to these markets, as well as the associated assets, from an associate franchisee who currently owns each of these markets. A purchase price was not disclosed but Krispy Kreme did indicate it expects the acquisition to be modestly accretive to earnings in fiscal year 2003 which begins this year on 4 February.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project