USA: Krispy Kreme acquires rights to Akron and Cleveland, Ohio markets
North Carolina-based Krispy Kreme Doughnuts announced today [Thursday] the acquisition of the Akron and Cleveland, Ohio markets. The company has agreed to purchase the rights to these markets, as well as the associated assets, from an associate franchisee who currently owns each of these markets. A purchase price was not disclosed but Krispy Kreme did indicate it expects the acquisition to be modestly accretive to earnings in fiscal year 2003 which begins this year on 4 February.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods