CANADA: Krispy Kreme ahead of schedule in Canada
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. of the US said it expects to replicate the success of its initial foray in Canada as it spreads across the country. The group is reported to be "thrilled" with the performance of its pilot store in the Mississauga suburb of Toronto. "The response has been overwhelming, and we've been very fortunate in having high-quality real estate become available to us sooner than we thought, virtually in all market places," said Roly Morris, president and CEO of KremeCo. KremeCo has Krispy Kreme development rights for Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Equistone puts Whitworths up for sale