USA: Krispy Kreme bids to break largest doughnut record on 65th birthday
US fastfood chain Krispy Kreme has revealed that it intends to smash the current record of the world's largest doughnut cake on its 65th birthday. The cake will be approximately 18 feet wide and 12 feet tall. Twenty volunteers, including the company's CEO, will use about 18,000 Krispy Kreme "original glazed and chocolate iced sprinkled doughnuts", more than 1,000 pounds of icing and almost 330 pounds of candy to decorate the cake.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO