USA: Krispy Kreme bids to break largest doughnut record on 65th birthday
US fastfood chain Krispy Kreme has revealed that it intends to smash the current record of the world's largest doughnut cake on its 65th birthday. The cake will be approximately 18 feet wide and 12 feet tall. Twenty volunteers, including the company's CEO, will use about 18,000 Krispy Kreme "original glazed and chocolate iced sprinkled doughnuts", more than 1,000 pounds of icing and almost 330 pounds of candy to decorate the cake.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations