USA: Krispy Kreme bids to break largest doughnut record on 65th birthday
US fastfood chain Krispy Kreme has revealed that it intends to smash the current record of the world's largest doughnut cake on its 65th birthday. The cake will be approximately 18 feet wide and 12 feet tall. Twenty volunteers, including the company's CEO, will use about 18,000 Krispy Kreme "original glazed and chocolate iced sprinkled doughnuts", more than 1,000 pounds of icing and almost 330 pounds of candy to decorate the cake.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins