USA: Krispy Kreme sees 54.9% increase in Q1 net income
Winston-Salem, North Carolina-based fastfood chain Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has posted net income of US$8.9m for its Q1 (fiscal 2003) ended 5 May 2002, up 54.9% from US$5.7m year on year. Diluted earnings per share increased to US$0.15 in the Q1, from US$0.10 for the Q1 2002. Systemwide sales, including sales of company and franchise stores, increased 30.4% to US$183.1m in the Q1, from US$140.4m in the Q1 2002. Sales were driven by an increase in company store sales of 22.2% to US$74.2m and an increase in franchise store sales of 36.7% to US$108.9m. On a comparable store basis, systemwide store sales increased 12.9% and company store sales were up 10.5%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre