USA: Krispy Kreme sees 54.9% increase in Q1 net income
Winston-Salem, North Carolina-based fastfood chain Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has posted net income of US$8.9m for its Q1 (fiscal 2003) ended 5 May 2002, up 54.9% from US$5.7m year on year. Diluted earnings per share increased to US$0.15 in the Q1, from US$0.10 for the Q1 2002. Systemwide sales, including sales of company and franchise stores, increased 30.4% to US$183.1m in the Q1, from US$140.4m in the Q1 2002. Sales were driven by an increase in company store sales of 22.2% to US$74.2m and an increase in franchise store sales of 36.7% to US$108.9m. On a comparable store basis, systemwide store sales increased 12.9% and company store sales were up 10.5%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund