UK/USA: Krispy Kreme to open first European outlet inside Harrods
Expanding US doughnut chain Krispy Kreme has revealed that its first European store will be located inside upmarket London department store Harrods.
As of October, the outlet will serve customers at Harrods, no doubt finding a captive audience of existing fans among the many US visitors who flow through Harrods' doors each day.
The store will include Krispy Kreme's doughnut-making theatre, allowing customers to see the doughnuts being made from start to finish. The store will also feature Krispy Kreme's traditional "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign, which, when illuminated, announces to customers that Krispy Kreme's signature Hot Original Glazed doughnuts are being made. The outlet will also offer 15 additional varieties of doughnuts, including iced, filled and cake doughnuts, as well as coffee.
Krispy Kreme will have its own designated street access enabling early morning purchases and plans to begin serving doughnuts at 7am each morning.
Krispy Kreme announced last year that it was moving into the UK and Ireland via a partnership with Cheshire and Kent Ltd. And Donald Henshall, who was previously president of international development at Krispy Kreme.
US doughnut chain Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has said that it has been served with a lawsuit against it by Richard Reinis and Roger Glickman, two principals of Great Circle Family Foods....
Struggling US doughnut chain Krispy Kreme has announced that John McAleer is to retire from his position as executive vice president, concept development, effective 30 September 2005 to pursue persona...
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has announced that a special committee composed of two independent directors of the company has presented a report of its investigation to the board of directors....
Doughnut maker and retailer Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has announced that Douglas R Muir has been appointed as its chief accounting officer....
Doughnut maker and retailer Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has announced the departure of six of its officers....
Doughnut maker and retailer Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has put its Canadian assets have been put up for sale seven weeks after the US doughnut company had the firm that owns and operates stores in Canada ...
Doughnut maker and retailer Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has announced that an application has been filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice for a restructuring of KremeKo, Inc. under the Companies'...
Troubled US doughnut maker and retailer Krispy Kreme has announced that its subsidiary, Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation, has obtained credit facilities totalling US$225m, giving the company some bre...
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review