US: Kroger adds to board of directors
The Kroger Company yesterday (5 September) announced that it has elected a new member to its board of directors, bringing the number of seats on the Cincinnati-based retailer's board to 14.
James A. Runde has been elected to serve on Kroger's board until the company's annual shareholder meeting in June 2007 when he will stand for election by shareholders.
Runde is a special advisor and a former vice chairman of Morgan Stanley, where he has managed an array of corporate mergers, privatisations and restructurings. Until earlier this year, he served on the board of Burlington Resources.
Companies: The Kroger Co
Retailers work hard to attract shoppers to their stores, but how well does marketing work once they are through the door? Tracking consumer behaviour inside supermarkets is vital if retailers and manu...
According to a study from market researcher Nielsen, households with US$100,000-plus annual incomes still shop at club stores like Costco and Sam's Club and upscale mass merchandisers like Target in s...
Daymon Worldwide, which specialises in the sales and marketing of private label consumer products, has announced that Alex Miller is to take over as the company's president and chief operating officer...
Cincinnati-based retail group Kroger has announced the appointment of Linda Severin as vice president of corporate brands, a newly created role....
Supermarket chain The Kroger is the latest food firm vowing to use trans fat free oil, to fry chicken prepared in its stores....
The Ohio-based retail group Kroger has announced that it has elected Ronald Sargent to its board of directors....
US retailer Kroger has posted a total sales increase of 4.8% to US$14.7bn for the third quarter of 2006. Same-store sales increased 4.9% with fuel and 5.3% without fuel....
Birds Eye has reached an agreement with the family owned Arkansas-based Allan Canning Company, that will see Allen Canning acquire substantially all of Bird's Eye's non-branded frozen vegetable busine...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image