USA: Kroger agrees to purchase 15 Georgia stores from Harris Teeter
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) yesterday announced it has reached an agreement to purchase 15 Harris Teeter supermarkets located primarily in Atlanta. Both companies expect to complete the transaction, which is subject to certain customary conditions, within 30 days. Fourteen of the Harris Teeter stores, including one currently under construction, that Kroger has agreed to purchase are located in Atlanta, which ranks as the eighth-largest Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) in the nation. Kroger also plans to purchase one Harris Teeter store in Athens, Georgia. The stores will become part of Kroger's Atlanta Division, which currently operates 107 stores in metropolitan Atlanta and three stores in Athens.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO