USA: Kroger agrees to purchase 15 Georgia stores from Harris Teeter
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) yesterday announced it has reached an agreement to purchase 15 Harris Teeter supermarkets located primarily in Atlanta. Both companies expect to complete the transaction, which is subject to certain customary conditions, within 30 days. Fourteen of the Harris Teeter stores, including one currently under construction, that Kroger has agreed to purchase are located in Atlanta, which ranks as the eighth-largest Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) in the nation. Kroger also plans to purchase one Harris Teeter store in Athens, Georgia. The stores will become part of Kroger's Atlanta Division, which currently operates 107 stores in metropolitan Atlanta and three stores in Athens.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group