USA: Kroger appoints new division presidents
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) yesterday announced the appointment of new presidents at three retail divisions effective immediately. Sam K. Duncan, 49, has been promoted to president of Fred Meyer Stores. He previously had been president of Ralphs Grocery Company's supermarkets division in Los Angeles since 1998. Prior to that, he had spent six years with Fred Meyer, holding a variety of senior management positions with the retailer, including Executive Vice President of the Food Group. Mr. Duncan took over at Ralphs following its acquisition by Fred Meyer, Inc. in 1998.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods