US: Kroger appoints new president of Dillon Food Stores
Joe Grieshaber has been appointed as president of Kroger's Dillon Food Stores division.
Grieshaber will replace John Bays, who is retiring after 42 years with the US grocery retailer.
Grieshaber began his career with Kroger in 1983 as a store manager trainee in Nashville and has held a variety of leadership roles within the company including meat merchandiser, zone manager and vice president of merchandising.
Most recently, he served as group vice president of perishables merchandising and procurement for the retailer, a role he has held since 2003.
"Joe's merchandising and management experience will serve our associates and customers well. We look forward to Joe's leadership at Dillons as we continue to focus on improving our customers' overall shopping experience," said Rodney McMullen, Kroger president and chief operating officer.
Dillon Food Stores is based in Kansas, and operates 91 stores across Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.
The US grocery sector is in a state of flux as we head into 2011 with suppliers and retailers feeling the effect of weak consumer confidence and consolidation appearing more likely....
Following Kellogg and Campbell Soup Co., ConAgra Foods has become the latest US food manufacturer to adopt a somewhat pessimistic tone when looking ahead to 2011, writes Dean Best....
Analysts have aired concerns over Kroger's decline in gross margins during its third quarter, leading to shares in the US retailer falling as far as 11% yesterday (2 December)....
Kroger has named Geoff Covert, a former Procter & Gamble executive who has spent over a decade at the US retailer, as its new senior vice president of retail operations....
Barclays Capital have downgraded its ratings on the shares of US grocery retailers Safeway Inc and Kroger....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action