US: Kroger appoints perishables VP
US grocery operator Kroger has appointed Jeffrey Burt as group vice president of perishables merchandising and procurement.
Burt has been vice president of deli/bakery merchandising and procurement for the company since 2004. Prior to that Burt held leadership roles at QFC, Kroger's Seattle divisions and began his career as a management trainee.
"Jeff is an excellent merchandiser, with a deep understanding of our customers' preferences in the perishable departments," said Kroger president and chief operating officer Rodney McMullen.
US grocer Kroger recorded an increase in net profit for the fourth quarter on the back of improving identical supermarket sales....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund