USA: Kroger completes purchase of 17 Albertson's stores
Cincinnati, Ohio-based retail grocery chain Kroger Co. has completed the previously announced purchase of 17 supermarkets from sector rival Albertson's. Sixteen of the stores are located in the Houston area, which ranks among the ten largest Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) in the US. One store is located in Sulphur, Louisiana. The 17 stores average approximately 60,000ft² in size; all of the stores include pharmacies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti