US: Kroger consolidates private-label lines
Kroger has consolidated its Naturally Preferred and Private Selection private label brand into one
US retailer Kroger has consolidated its Naturally Preferred and Private Selection private- label ranges into one.
The two labels will now feature under one banner, named Simple Truth.
In a message on the retailer's website, the company said: "Naturally Preferred and Private Selection Organic are switching to Simple Truth. So now you can look for one name."
Packaging for the brand comprises a green circle highlighting the name. The website also lists ingredients not contained in the product line.
Officials at Kroger could not be reached for further comment.
Earlier this month, Kroger raised its full-year earnings guidance after booking an increase in first-half profits.
The news that Supervalu has agreed to sell five of its supermarket chains, including Albertsons, in a deal worth US$3.3bn will come as little surprise to those in the industry. The rest of Supervalu i...
News that Safeway's long-standing CEO, Steve Burd, is to retire in May has spawned greater uncertainty among some analysts about the retailer's competitive position....
Harris Teeter Supermarkets has declined to comment on reports it is exploring strategic options including the possibility of a sale....
US frozen-food firm Overhill Farms has recorded what it says is a "substantial" increase in full-year profit and sales, despite a "challenging" economic climate....
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes