US: Kroger consolidates private-label lines
Kroger has consolidated its Naturally Preferred and Private Selection private label brand into one
US retailer Kroger has consolidated its Naturally Preferred and Private Selection private- label ranges into one.
The two labels will now feature under one banner, named Simple Truth.
In a message on the retailer's website, the company said: "Naturally Preferred and Private Selection Organic are switching to Simple Truth. So now you can look for one name."
Packaging for the brand comprises a green circle highlighting the name. The website also lists ingredients not contained in the product line.
Officials at Kroger could not be reached for further comment.
Earlier this month, Kroger raised its full-year earnings guidance after booking an increase in first-half profits.
The news that Supervalu has agreed to sell five of its supermarket chains, including Albertsons, in a deal worth US$3.3bn will come as little surprise to those in the industry. The rest of Supervalu i...
Organic Food in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also con...
News that Safeway's long-standing CEO, Steve Burd, is to retire in May has spawned greater uncertainty among some analysts about the retailer's competitive position....
Harris Teeter Supermarkets has declined to comment on reports it is exploring strategic options including the possibility of a sale....
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods