US: Kroger in beef recall
The US Department of Agriculture has informed food retailer Kroger that Nebraska Beef has been identified as the supplier of ground beef products linked to E. coli illnesses in Michigan and central and northern Ohio.
The illnesses were reported between 31 May and 8 June. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have not reported any additional illnesses related to this outbreak.
Kroger has expanded the voluntary recall initiated last week for Kroger stores in Michigan and in central and northern Ohio (Columbus and Toledo areas).
Based on the latest information from the USDA, Kroger is expanding the recall to include ground beef products in Styrofoam tray packages wrapped in clear cellophane or purchased from an in-store service counter from Fred Meyer, QFC and Kroger stores with sell-by dates between 21 May and 5 July.
Kroger is asking customers to carefully check the ground beef they have and any covered in the recall should be returned for a full refund or replacement.
US supermarket group Kroger booked a dip in third-quarter net earnings today (9 December), despite sales gains, due to costs related to Hurricane Ike....
US retailers that focus on value are more likely to win over consumers in 2009 as shopping habits change amid the economic downturn, a study has forecast....
US supermarket group Kroger has indicated that identical store sales accelerated in the third quarter thanks to its focus on value....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report