US: Kroger "interested in Safeway assets"
Safeway has admitted talks with interested party
There have been reports suggesting private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management was in discussions with Safeway. Buy-out houses CVC Capital Partners and Leonard Green & Partners are also said to have shown interest in buying parts of Safeway.
Last night, the speculation intensified when Bloomberg said Kroger had "recently" expressed interest, contacting Safeway and also Cerberus about a possible deal should the private-equity firm buy the retailer.
Citing unnamed sources, Bloomberg said Safeway would prefer to be sold as a whole.
Kroger did not return a request for comment.
Safeway Inc. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ...
The Kroger Co. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings...
Safeway continues to push forward with its large-scale efforts to renovate existing stores into its “Lifestyle” formats. This format offers an upscale environment for shoppers, with premium products, ...
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Interview: How BRF plans growth in stagnant Europe
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- United Biscuits UK plant to start strike action
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM