US: Kroger "interested in Safeway assets"
Safeway has admitted talks with interested party
There have been reports suggesting private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management was in discussions with Safeway. Buy-out houses CVC Capital Partners and Leonard Green & Partners are also said to have shown interest in buying parts of Safeway.
Last night, the speculation intensified when Bloomberg said Kroger had "recently" expressed interest, contacting Safeway and also Cerberus about a possible deal should the private-equity firm buy the retailer.
Citing unnamed sources, Bloomberg said Safeway would prefer to be sold as a whole.
Kroger did not return a request for comment.
Canadean's "The Kroger Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview,...
Kroger continues to fight for share in the extremely competitive grocery channel, holding a 7% value share for the category. Kroger continues to focus on its core supermarket business through acquisit...
Global Fruit & vegetables industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Tesco delists Rachel's Organic yoghurt range
- Hostess sale rumours hit headlines again
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- China to introduce "toughest" food safety law yet