US: Kroger "interested in Safeway assets"
Safeway has admitted talks with interested party
There have been reports suggesting private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management was in discussions with Safeway. Buy-out houses CVC Capital Partners and Leonard Green & Partners are also said to have shown interest in buying parts of Safeway.
Last night, the speculation intensified when Bloomberg said Kroger had "recently" expressed interest, contacting Safeway and also Cerberus about a possible deal should the private-equity firm buy the retailer.
Citing unnamed sources, Bloomberg said Safeway would prefer to be sold as a whole.
Kroger did not return a request for comment.
The Kroger Co. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings...
Canadean's "The Kroger Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview,...
Safeway continues to push forward with its large-scale efforts to renovate existing stores into its “Lifestyle” formats. This format offers an upscale environment for shoppers, with premium products, ...
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Why new laws on food labels can benefit business
- Bitesize interview: Cricketer Farm MD Greg Parsons
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- Australia consumer watchdog probes raw milk sales
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods