US: Kroger "interested in Safeway assets"
Safeway has admitted talks with interested party
There have been reports suggesting private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management was in discussions with Safeway. Buy-out houses CVC Capital Partners and Leonard Green & Partners are also said to have shown interest in buying parts of Safeway.
Last night, the speculation intensified when Bloomberg said Kroger had "recently" expressed interest, contacting Safeway and also Cerberus about a possible deal should the private-equity firm buy the retailer.
Citing unnamed sources, Bloomberg said Safeway would prefer to be sold as a whole.
Kroger did not return a request for comment.
Safeway Inc. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ...
The Kroger Co. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings...
The Kroger Co. (KR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Dairy in India: No quick win for multinationals
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- Dairy in India: How to win over Indian consumers
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- General Mills to slash up to 800 more jobs
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre