US: Kroger launches bag recycling initiative
US supermarket group Kroger has launched a plastic bag recycling programme in an attempt to boost its green credentials.
Plastic bags, dry-cleaning bags and other plastic shrink wrap can now be recycled at Kroger outlets, the company said.
Bags will be collected and recycled into other plastic goods - including landscape bricks, plastic lumber and more plastic bags.
The company also announced the launch of an online contest for consumers to design a reusable bag.
"Kroger's approach to sustainability is to partner with our customers and our associates to provide choices so that they can impact their local and global environment in a meaningful way," said Lynn Marmer, group vice president of corporate affairs for Kroger.
Kroger, the US grocer, today (16 September) praised a "strong" second quarter for rising first-half sales and earnings....
Consumers' food preferences are being driven to "extremes" according to new research out yesterday (28 August)....
US supermarket group Kroger has issued a recall for eight-ounce packets of Kroger Hulless Corn Puff Poppers - Extreme Butter....
The recall of salmonella contaminated meat produced by Nebraska Beef has again been extended, this time to include Cub Foods' Wild harvest brand....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review