USA: Kroger names new CEO
US grocery chain Kroger has announced that David B. Dillon, president and chief operating officer, will be elected chief executive officer. Dillon will succeed Joseph A. Pichler, who will remain chairman of the board. Dillon has been president and a member of the Kroger board of directors since 1995, and chief operating officer for seven years. From 1986 to 1995, he was responsible for the supermarket, convenience store, and manufacturing operations of the former Dillon Cos., which merged with Kroger in 1983.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw