USA: Kroger posts rise in Q1 net earnings
US supermarket chain Kroger Co. has reported net earnings of US$351.5m, or $0.46 per diluted share, for the first quarter ended 24 May 2003, compared with $321.7m, or $0.40 per diluted share. Total sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2003 increased 3.8% to $16.3bn. Total food-store sales rose 3.5%. Identical food-store sales, including fuel, declined 0.1%. Identical food-store sales, excluding fuel, decreased 1.1%. Comparable food-store sales, which include relocations and expansions, increased 0.7% for the quarter. Comparable food-store sales, excluding fuel, declined 0.5%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO