USA: Kroger promotes Hallsey to President of Smith's
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) yesterday announced that James W. Hallsey has been promoted to president of Smith's Food & Drug Stores in Salt Lake City, Utah, effective immediately. He succeeds Russ Dispense, who last week was appointed president of King Soopers in Denver, Colorado. Mr. Hallsey, 58, previously served as executive vice president of sales and marketing, a position he had held since 1998. He began his career in the grocery industry as a boy working in his father's Tooele County store. Mr. Hallsey joined Smith's in 1964 with Smith's acquisition of Mayfair stores. Since then, he has held a variety of management positions in the corporate office including senior vice president drug division and senior vice president of special projects. From 1995 to 1998, Mr. Hallsey served as the company's senior vice president and southwest regional manager from Smith's regional office in Phoenix, Arizona.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016