USA: Kroger reports 19% increase in earnings per share, before one-time items, for second quarter
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) yesterday reported earnings of $0.32 per diluted share, excluding costs related to a merger and one-time expenses, for the second quarter ended August 18, 2001. These results represent an increase of 19% over the second quarter of 2000, on the same basis. Total sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2001 increased 4.2% to $11.5 billion. Total food store sales rose 4.5%. Comparable food store sales, which include relocations and expansions, rose 1.6% for the quarter, while identical food store sales rose 0.8%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review