USA: Kroger reports 19% increase in earnings per share, before one-time items, for second quarter
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) yesterday reported earnings of $0.32 per diluted share, excluding costs related to a merger and one-time expenses, for the second quarter ended August 18, 2001. These results represent an increase of 19% over the second quarter of 2000, on the same basis. Total sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2001 increased 4.2% to $11.5 billion. Total food store sales rose 4.5%. Comparable food store sales, which include relocations and expansions, rose 1.6% for the quarter, while identical food store sales rose 0.8%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods