USA: Kroger reports 19% increase in earnings per share, before one-time items, for second quarter
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) yesterday reported earnings of $0.32 per diluted share, excluding costs related to a merger and one-time expenses, for the second quarter ended August 18, 2001. These results represent an increase of 19% over the second quarter of 2000, on the same basis. Total sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2001 increased 4.2% to $11.5 billion. Total food store sales rose 4.5%. Comparable food store sales, which include relocations and expansions, rose 1.6% for the quarter, while identical food store sales rose 0.8%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti