USA: Kroger reports 19% increase in earnings per share, before one-time items, for second quarter
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) yesterday reported earnings of $0.32 per diluted share, excluding costs related to a merger and one-time expenses, for the second quarter ended August 18, 2001. These results represent an increase of 19% over the second quarter of 2000, on the same basis. Total sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2001 increased 4.2% to $11.5 billion. Total food store sales rose 4.5%. Comparable food store sales, which include relocations and expansions, rose 1.6% for the quarter, while identical food store sales rose 0.8%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli