USA: Kroger to buy 17 Albertson's stores
Cincinnati, Ohio-based Kroger, one of the largest retail grocery chains in the US, has reached an agreement to purchase 17 supermarkets and two vacant parcels of land located primarily in the Houston area from Albertson's Inc. Both companies expect to complete the transaction, which is subject to certain customary conditions and regulatory review, within 45 days. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO