USA: Kroger to buy 17 Albertson's stores
Cincinnati, Ohio-based Kroger, one of the largest retail grocery chains in the US, has reached an agreement to purchase 17 supermarkets and two vacant parcels of land located primarily in the Houston area from Albertson's Inc. Both companies expect to complete the transaction, which is subject to certain customary conditions and regulatory review, within 45 days. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses