USA: Kroger to buy 17 Albertson's stores
Cincinnati, Ohio-based Kroger, one of the largest retail grocery chains in the US, has reached an agreement to purchase 17 supermarkets and two vacant parcels of land located primarily in the Houston area from Albertson's Inc. Both companies expect to complete the transaction, which is subject to certain customary conditions and regulatory review, within 45 days. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target