USA: Kroger to purchase 16 stores in Omaha from Fleming
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) and Fleming (NYSE: FLM) announced yesterday that they have reached an agreement under which Kroger plans to purchase 16 supermarkets in Omaha, Nebraska, from Fleming. Under the agreement, Kroger will acquire 15 Baker's Supermarkets and one Food 4 Less price-impact warehouse store in the Omaha area. The stores will continue to operate under their existing banners with the current employees and will become part of Kroger's Dillon Stores division based in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations