USA: Kroger to purchase 16 stores in Omaha from Fleming
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) and Fleming (NYSE: FLM) announced yesterday that they have reached an agreement under which Kroger plans to purchase 16 supermarkets in Omaha, Nebraska, from Fleming. Under the agreement, Kroger will acquire 15 Baker's Supermarkets and one Food 4 Less price-impact warehouse store in the Omaha area. The stores will continue to operate under their existing banners with the current employees and will become part of Kroger's Dillon Stores division based in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week