USA: Kroger to purchase seven Furrs Stores in New Mexico
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) Friday (19 August) announced it has reached an agreement to purchase seven supermarkets in New Mexico from Furrs Supermarkets Inc. Four of the stores to be acquired are located in Albuquerque, while the remaining three stores are located in Santa Fe, Los Alamos and Socorro. The stores, which range in size from 43,000 square feet to 77,000 square feet, will operate under the Smith's Food & Drug Stores banner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival