USA: Kroger to purchase seven Furrs Stores in New Mexico
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) Friday (19 August) announced it has reached an agreement to purchase seven supermarkets in New Mexico from Furrs Supermarkets Inc. Four of the stores to be acquired are located in Albuquerque, while the remaining three stores are located in Santa Fe, Los Alamos and Socorro. The stores, which range in size from 43,000 square feet to 77,000 square feet, will operate under the Smith's Food & Drug Stores banner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth