US: Kroger's Covert to take senior retail operations role
Kroger has named Geoff Covert, a former Procter & Gamble executive who has spent over a decade at the US retailer, as its new senior vice president of retail operations.
Covert, who joined Kroger in 1996 after 22 years at P&G, will take up the role on 1 January. He replaces Paul Scutt, who announced last month that would retire from Kroger after 45 years with the business.
Geoff brings tremendous leadership and background to this important position in our company," Kroger president and COO Rodney McMullen said today (10 December). "Geoff's broad range of experiences will enable him to continue to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations and enhance the customer experience at our stores."
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units