INDIA: KVIC launches organic food under Desi Aahaar brand
KVIC (India's Khadi and Village Industries Commission) has launched an organic food brand. The brand, Desi Aahaar, includes cereals, pulses and jaggery, reports Indian Business Insight. It will be available nationwide by December 2002. KVIC is also mulling the launch of a consolidated personal care and snack foods brand to be known as Savi. The snack foods would include potato crisps and the local treat bhujia. The personal care range would include shampoo, oils and soaps.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action