UK: Lactalis adds to Seriously Strong line with cheese sauce
- Lactalis launches Seriously Strong Cheese Sauce
Seriously Strong Cheese Sauce is for use as both a pour over and cooking sauce
Lactalis has added to its Seriously Strong product line in the UK with the launch of a cheese sauce.
Seriously Strong Cheese Sauce will be the first sauce product for the Seriously Strong brand, Lactalis said today (20 August). For use as both a pour-over and cooking sauce, the product has a suggested retail price of GBP2.49 (US$3.91).
"Our in-depth research showed unmet consumer needs for a cheese sauce with a rich full cheddar cheese flavour," a spokesperson for the brand said. "We are excited to announce that Seriously Strong will deliver a chilled cheese sauce with a full flavour loved by consumers."
SERIOUSLY STRONG ANNOUNCE A CHEESE SAUCE FIRST
Award-winning* Seriously® Strong Cheddar today announced a new addition to its popular range by offering the first opportunity for consumers to enjoy a Seriously® Strong Cheese Sauce. As the UK's number one brand of** vintage, farmhouse, extra mature cheddar, the new addition will be a rich, thick creamier sauce with a fuller flavour for tastier meals.
A versatile product, the new sauce can be used as both a pour over (e.g. over chicken and vegetables) and cooking sauce (e.g. for oven-baked or grilled dishes) and can be heated on the hob or simply in the microwave. The sauce will be the perfect ingredient for recipes including: Fish Pie, Potato Gratin, Macaroni Cheese, Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake and Broccoli Cheese plus a host of pasta dishes.
For an intensely delicious flavour, Seriously® Strong Cheese Sauce is loaded with lashings of Seriously Strong Cheddar and shoppers will be able to find it in the cheese aisle of the supermarkets.
A spokesperson for the brand said: “Our in-depth research showed unmet consumer needs for a cheese sauce with a rich full cheddar cheese flavour. We are excited to announce that Seriously® Strong will deliver a chilled cheese sauce with a full flavour loved by consumers. In recent research***, over 75% of consumers agreed it tastes like a homemade cheese sauce, is high quality and easy to use.”
Original source: Lactalis
French dietary food group Nutrition & Santé is to buy Lactalis's free-from subsidiary Valpiform....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights